Sometimes you listen to a podcast, and you literally feel the moment when you have an insight. Your world shifts and you got an input that will literally change how you show up in the next hour.
Today, I wanna share one podcast with you that had that impact on me – actually quite recently.
The episode Expectations vs. Agreements by Steve Chandler is worth listening a couple of times a year.
Steve Chandler talks about how to create powerful agreements in our life: with our team, in our organization, with our boss and also within our families. Expectations on the other hand lead to…expectations. Mostly one side will be happy, and the other party faces a high risk to not be as happy, or simply expected a different outcome.
Why does this matter – especially – today?
I’ve been hearing the following challenges over the last week:
- I’m not happy with my results, and also the results of my team. How can I engage them more at home?
- I’m struggling to find any balance between work and life – and skipped my sports for the x-time this week. I’d expected myself to be so much fitter by this time.
- I’m handling a full time job, the household, home schooling and a huge restructuring at work. I expect my partner to step in more – but no sign of cooperation. How can I expect all family members to support me more?
The podcast gives a clue for many challenges we face.
When we start creating agreements and get on the same page with the core people in our life, we reduce the risk of misunderstandings and limited trust exponentially.
I’ll be happy to share the Podcast Recording (usually a paid download version) with you – just send me a message and I’ll send it over.
I’m curious and invite you to scan your life and work now:
- Where do you miss a powerful agreement?
- And if you had it, what will happen?
Wishing you a beautiful weekend, Warriors!